East Toronto Health Partners (ETHP) is proud to work with our communities to help improve the health of everyone who lives and works in East Toronto. This is especially important given the COVID-19 pandemic, which has highlighted many inequities in health related to social and environmental factors, including income, social status, race, sexual orientation and gender, education and more.
In order to integrate health equity into our programs, services and policies, ETHP is committed to the following guiding principles:
- We are guided by the needs of communities and the people we serve to:
- Build a system that responds to feedback from clients;
- Respectfully engage residents, clients and communities to design a healthcare system that works better for them; and
- Respect diversity of stakeholders and be guided by their voices to address health inequities that exist in diverse neighbourhoods.
- We are committed to learning and continuous improvement by:
- Learning together as we improve delivery of services as healthcare evolves; and
- Partnering with researchers and using data to help make decisions based on evidence and to evaluate and learn from our work.
- We are committed to a process that is inclusive and transparent. This includes:
- Being open to work with individuals, teams and organizations across our community who are interested in contributing to this work; and
- Communicating our progress and sharing what’s happening with our partners and community.