Healthcare providers look at a patient’s electronic medical record on a digital device.
East Toronto Health Partners (ETHP), the Ontario Health Team (OHT) serving East Toronto, has funding available for eligible member organizations that require small-scale funding to enable initiatives and digital transformation of their business and/or to facilitate alignment with the strategic digital priorities of ETHP.
A total of $35,000 is available to ETHP member organizations for the 2022/23 fiscal year.
Priority is given to proposals aligned with ETHP’s digital health priorities. These priorities include but are not limited to:
- Enhance digital connectivity between organizations, between providers and patients and between data sources;
- Promote digital access for patients to health information, services provided by the OHT and self or peer support sources;
- Innovate or modernize care delivery processes and pathways digitally for local priority populations, including ETHP’s priority populations, marginalized populations, people with disabilities and people experiencing homelessness;
- Address digital inequity to help ensure community members can access the right care at the right time; and
- Enable intelligent operations through artificial intelligence to enhance efficiency, data analytics for business insight and/or decision making, and automation for workforce efficiency.
Application guide for digital health micro-initiatives
Who is eligible to apply for funding?
- Family practices, home and community care organizations, long-term care homes and other member organizations of ETHP
- Applicants should have no other feasible source of funding available for this project in the 2022/23 fiscal year
How long is the funding valid for?
Funds must be utilized by March 31, 2023.
What kind of funding can eligible ETHP member organizations apply for?
There are two classes of funds available:
- Micro-digital project (maximum $8,000 per initiative)
- Project scope must align with one or more of the above priorities
- Scope may be a process optimization with or without technology add-ons
- Funds cannot be used to temporally augment operational resource constraints or operational expenses
- Digital enhancement (maximum $8,000 per organization)
- Investment into new digital assets (hardware or software upgrades) that enable maturing the organization’s digital posture
- Cannot be utilized to pay for ongoing operating expenses
Eligible ETHP member organizations may submit multiple applications.
How can eligible ETHP member organizations apply?
Online applications are open from July 21, 2022 to September 9, 2022 at 4 p.m.
Click here to apply for digital health micro-initiative funding from ETHP
Digital health micro-initiatives that were funded for 2021/22:
- Innovate patient engagement via deploying speech recognition technology to better engage with hearing impaired patients (Vivo Family Medicine)
- Enhance patient engagement via virtual pre-treatment virtual support services delivery (Alpha House Medical)
- Enhance support for mental health recovery via a care planning tool connecting providers and patients to better track and manage goals (Street Haven)
- Improve digital connectivity support for vulnerable community members experiencing homelessness via enabling access to wireless communication (Health Providers Against Poverty)
- Enable faster care delivery via enhancing clinician workflow via access to on-site electrocardiogram and virtual care coordination (South Riverdale Community Health Centre)
Next steps for applicants
ETHP will confirm receipt when applications are submitted and will communicate decisions by early October 2022.
- Successful applicants must create an invoice to Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) for the approved amount. Funds must be spent by March 31, 2023.
- Organizations receiving digital enablement funds must submit invoices for assets purchased to be reimbursed.
- Organizations delivering digital health micro-initiatives must demonstrate project completion by March 31, 2023 and submit a project report by April 30, 2023.
If you have questions or comments about the funding application, please contact email@example.com.