Thorncliffe Park Youth Wellness Hub
We get it: Juggling school, work, friendships and family can be tough.
That’s why we’ve collaborated with Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario to launch the Thorncliffe Park Youth Wellness Hub.
A safe, welcoming space for youth health and wellness
Come visit us to get services related to health, wellness, employment, housing and more.
Our services are free. At this time, they are available online only. You do not need a health card, family doctor or medical referral.
We offer a welcoming and judgment-free space for all youth. Our goal is to bring you the right services at the right time and in the right place!
Open to everyone aged 12 to 25.
At this time, our services are available online only. This means you can access our services from the comfort and convenience of your own home or in another place that works best for you!
Please see the “How to Book an Appointment” section below for information about how to access our services online.
Don’t worry – in-person services are coming later this year! Our team is working on opening a physical space for the Thorncliffe Park Youth Wellness Hub at 45 Overlea Blvd. where you can access services in-person! Stay tuned for updates!
Our services are currently available online only during these times:
- Monday to Friday, 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Please note: Our services are not meant to address health and wellness emergencies.
If you or someone you know is in danger, please call 9-1-1 or see the “Are You Experiencing a Health or Wellness Emergency?” section below for other places you can get help.
At this time, we offer these services online only. All services are free. Please see the “How to Book an Appointment” section below for information about how to access these services online.
Our team is working on launching a space for the Thorncliffe Park Youth Wellness Hub at 45 Overlea Blvd. where you can access these services and more in-person! Stay tuned for updates!
How to Book an Online Appointment
- If you need help or think you would benefit from one of our services, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the following information:
- Your first name and last name (unless you would like to be anonymous)
- Your age
- Your preferred phone number
- Your preferred e-mail address
- The help and/or service you are looking for. If you are not sure what help or service you need, you can share a little bit about yourself, any challenges you are facing and/or what you would like to talk to our team about. No topics are off limits!
- An intake worker on our team will contact you as soon as possible using your preferred phone number and/or e-mail address. In your conversation, they will learn more about you and the help you are looking for. We’ll work with you to ensure we connect you to the right services!
- Our intake worker will connect you with a service provider, such as a counsellor or peer support worker. The service provider will contact you to book you an appointment for the service that we feel you would most benefit from.
- The online appointment will take place on Microsoft Teams. When the service provider books your appointment, you will receive an e-mail with the Microsoft Teams details, including a meeting link and phone number.
- You can attend the appointment using a device with Internet access or by calling in. If you would like to be anonymous, you can attend the appointment without using your camera or webcam or simply call in.
- To attend the appointment, you will need a phone or a device with Internet access, such as a tablet, computer or smartphone.
- If you do not have a phone or device with Internet access, please let the intake worker or service provider know. We may be able to connect you with these resources at a local community agency.
If you have any questions about this process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We don’t have a phone number yet, but are working on setting one up so you can call us. We will add the phone number here when it's available. We look forward to connecting with you!
Are You Experiencing a Health or Wellness Emergency?
If you or someone you know is in danger, please call 9-1-1 or use one of the following resources.
Like the Thorncliffe Park Youth Wellness Hub, these resources are welcoming and judgement-free. Many of them are free and confidential.
- Michael Garron Hospital Emergency Department: 825 Coxwell Ave. (Entrance located off of Mortimer Street under the Emergency sign)
- Available 24/7 for people of all ages experiencing severe, potentially life-threatening health and wellness issues.
- You can also visit another hospital emergency department that is close to you.
- Gerstein Crisis Centre: 416-929-5200
- Available 24/7 for people aged 16 and older who are dealing with health, wellness or substance use issues and are currently in crisis.
- Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 or text CONNECT to 686868
- Available 24/7 for young people who need help related to abuse, grief, loss, anxiety and more.
- Talk Suicide Canada: 1-833-456-4566
- Available 24/7 for anyone who is facing suicide – or knows someone who is facing suicide – and needs support.
- Anishnawbe Health Toronto’s Mental Health Crisis Management Service: 1-855-242-3310
- Assaulted Women’s Helpline: 416-863-0511, Toll-free: 1-866-863-0511
- Distress Centres of Greater Toronto: 416-408-4357 or 408-HELP
- Naseeha Mental Health Hotline: 1-866-627-3342 or 1-866-NASEEHA
- Scarborough Health Network’s Community Crisis Line: 416-495-2891
- Toronto Rape Crisis Centre: 416-597-8808
- Youthdale Treatment Centres’ Crisis and Mobile Support Team: 416-363-9990
Learn more about Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario
Youth Wellness Hubs Ontario is a network of 22 local hubs that provide integrated services addressing mental health, substance use and well-being. Services are co-designed with youth for youth, and are delivered in communities across the province.
Tell your friends about the Thorncliffe Park Youth Wellness Hub!
Do you know someone who could use some support? Share this information with your friends and family to help them access the services at the Thorncliffe Park Youth Wellness Hub!