East Toronto Health Partners (ETHP), the Ontario Health Team (OHT) serving East Toronto, invites you to the Taylor-Massey Community Wellness Event in Crescent Town on Tuesday, November 29!
The free in-person event features family-friendly activities, food, prizes and more.
The goal is to create a safe, inclusive space for conversations about mental wellness, including where and how local residents can find mental health and wellness services in the community.
Everyone who lives in Taylor-Massey and the surrounding areas is welcome!
- Tuesday, November 29, 2022
- 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Crescent Town Elementary School (4 Massey Square, East York, ON M4C 5M9) in basement gym
- Please use the main entrance (door number 1).
- There is an elevator on the first floor to the basement.
- Free parking is available. Use the main parking lot on Victoria Park Avenue, north of Crescent Town Road (down the hill from the school).
Activities and giveaways
- Enjoy halal food and drinks, including chicken shawarma and falafel plates.
- Chances to win gift cards to local business and more!
- Talk to service providers to learn more about mental health counselling, substance use services, harm reduction, how to find mental health services that are close to home and more.
- Participate in a short survey about how you think local mental health and wellness services can be improved.
- Get your bivalent COVID-19 vaccine and flu vaccine.
- Language: Staff, community health ambassadors and volunteers speak many different languages and may be able to support communication needs for those who need interpretation.
- Accessibility: This site is fully accessible. Let us know if you or a loved one need assistance during your visit.
- If you are coming by TTC, exit the subway station at Victoria Park. Exit the station via the north walkway. Walk north on Victoria Park Avenue, turn left onto Crescent Town Road and then turn right onto Massey Square.
Download a flyer to help promote this event in your community!
The Taylor-Massey Community Wellness Event is sponsored by WoodGreen Community Services and supported by Crescent Town Elementary School and Crescent Town School Council.
Participating partners include Alternatives East York Mental Health Counselling Services Agency; A-Way Express; Comprehensive Treatment Clinic; Cota; Gerstein Crisis Centre; Health Access Taylor-Massey; Michael Garron Hospital, including the Mobile Crisis Intervention Team and Transitional Youth Program; South Riverdale Community Health Centre; Street Haven; Taylor-Massey Residents Wellness Council; The Neighborhood Group Community Services; and TNO – The Neighborhood Organization.